Although the traditional T8 fluorescent still offers an inexpensive means of providing task lighting in the home, office and industrial settings, it does have its drawbacks.
Says Melissa Davidson from leading local lighting supplier, The Lighting Warehouse: “T8 fluorescents have long been the go-to solution for illuminating both commercial and residential spaces efficiently and inexpensively. That is, up until recently – now there is a new player on the market that promises even better quality of light, efficiency and longevity – the LED channel light.”
She explains the benefits of these LED channel lights have over the traditional T8 fluorescents:
- Better efficiency: The Lighting Warehouse’s LED channel lights provide a higher amount of illumination (lumen) than T8 fluorescents, but they consume 50% less energy.
- Quality light: The new LED channel lights do not flicker or hum, whereas T8 fluorescents often do. The lumen given off by T8 fluorescents can bother one’s eyes with their bright glare, whereas the LED channel lights from The Lighting Warehouse boast a built-in opal diffuser to soften any glare or harsh light.
- Lifespan: The LED channel lights available from The Lighting Warehouse boast an incredible lifespan of approximately 30 000 hours!
- Slim design: The LED channel lights available from The Lighting Warehouse boast an elegant slim design that comes complete with the LED fitting. This makes them a great choice for above- and under-cabinet lighting.
- Easy installation: As the LED channel lights are super lightweight, they are much easier to install compared to the bulky and heavy old school fluorescent fittings.
- No Maintenance: There is no need to change globes or replace tubes, as the LED channel lights have built-in LEDs and come complete with the entire fitting. As such, the LED channel lights require no maintenance and offer a fuss-free lighting solution.
- Built in occupancy sensor in some models: There are 2 brand new LED channels in the 1 200mm and the 1500mm lengths that have built in occupancy sensors. So handy for your garage, pantry, laundry or storage room. This makes for an extremely energy efficient light – LED and motion sensor technology.
The Lighting Warehouse offers five different options of LED channel lights – these include:
1.) The LED 18W 600 channel light is 600mm long – code 8306.
2.) The LED 36W 1200 channel light is 1 200mm long – code 8307.
3.) The LED 45W 1500 channel light is 1 500mm long – code 8308.
4.) The LED 36W 1200 channel light is 1 200mm long and has a built in occupancy sensor – code 8302.
5.) The LED 45W 1500 channel light is 1 500mm long and has a built in occupancy sensor – code 8303.
Visit www.lightingwarehouse.co.za to find a store closest to you, or to shop online for these products, visit : https://lightingwarehouse.co.za/product-category/indoor/ledfluorescent/
Nationwide delivery for online orders over R500 is free.
E&OE. While stocks last.